On Saturday, June 13th we will have confessions from 3:30-5:00pm in the Activity Center. We will also have a 5:30pm Mass in the Church that will be live streamed on our Facebook page. Immediately following Mass, a link to the video will be shared on the website for later viewing.
On Sunday, June 14th we will have a 9:00am Mass in the Church and a noon Mass in the Activity Center. Please see Fr. Cook's guidelines from this past weekend (shared again below) for protocols when attending Mass.
Whether in person or digitally, we hope you'll join us!
Attending Mass at St. Leo (from Fr. Cook):
In order to best serve you, we are asking parishioners to adhere to the following protocols:
- Please do not plan to attend Mass or come on campus if you, or anyone in your home, is ill.
- Face masks should be worn at all times while on campus, including walkways, courtyards, parking lots, the church and parish center.
- Practice social distancing of 6 feet from non-family members while walking, sitting, or standing.
- Enter and exit the church and parish center through designated doors.
- Please use hand sanitizer as you enter and exit the church. Bottles of hand sanitizer will be at the entrances/exits but please use your own, if possible, in order to allow for a more timely process.
- Allow the ushers to seat you according to the social distancing markings in the church and parish center. Families may sit together. Unrelated parishioners are asked to follow social distancing and remain 6 feet apart.
- The cry room in the Parish Center will be closed. Please do not enter this area.
- There will be music during the Mass but only the cantor will sing. There will be no liturgy aids, Missalettes or Holy Water at the entrances.
The procedure for the distribution of Holy Communion will be as follows:
- Allow the ushers to notify you/your family when it’s time to approach the altar.
- Please form one single line in the center aisle and return by the side aisles.
- Keep face mask on until you receive/replace immediately following.
- Remember to use the floor’s taped markings, spaced 6 feet apart, as your guide in approaching the altar.
- Use hand sanitizer just before receiving Holy Communion. It will be on tables near the priest or minister.
Since the church and parish center will need to be completely sanitized between Masses, including the bathrooms, please plan to leave the campus immediately following Mass.
The seating capacity in the church and parish center has been greatly reduced due to social distancing. The church will seat approximately 100 parishioners and the parish center approximately 125. We understand that some parishioners may not be able to attend. We’re hopeful that our capacity numbers will increase over time. Our deputies will be at the entrances to notify you if the Mass is full. We have made arrangements to have Deacons/Eucharistic Ministers in the Ave Maria Courtyard where a brief Communion Service will be available to those not able to be accommodated for Mass.
If you are concerned about exposing yourself to any illness, please plan to participate via the many online options. (See our website for those details.)
If, after attending Mass, you learn that you, or someone in your home, has tested positive for COVID-19, please notify the church office immediately.
Finally, I call upon each of you to discern very carefully as to whether or not you should attend any public Mass. If you are vulnerable to the virus, someone in your home is vulnerable or you have been ill, I implore you not to come on campus. There will be a day when we all can be together again.